Between the aesthetic treatments, hair transplantation is considered to be one of the most frequently asked treatment methods.
The most common form of head hair loss is so-called androgenetic alopecia, genetic, progressive hair loss in the forehead and middle head area. This is because testosterone hormone has negative effects on the hair roots on these fields. In contrast, the hair roots on the back of the head have the genetic information to grow for a lifetime. In hair transplant hair roots on the back of the head are transplanted to the bald and hairless areas in the frontal and central head area.
In the cases of more and regional hair loss if the hair density is below 50%, the patient can be treated with Sapphire FUE hair transplantation.
What is the Sapphire FUE Hair Transplant Method?
Hair Transplant is considered to be an effective solution to hair loss and it is becoming more and more popular every day. As in any other field, technological developments have been introduced in time.
The Sapphire FUE method refers to the removal of individual follicular units from the donor area using a tool supplied with a micro motor. Using a micro motor tool with sapphire blades for FUE hair transplant increases the success rate of the hair transplant. That is why this method is also called Sapphire FUE Hair Transplant. While the micro motor is used for follicle extraction, the sapphire blade is preferred for channel opening on the open hair area.
How is the process of the Sapphire FUE Hair Transplant?
– The follicular units (grafts) are of great importance for hair transplant, since hair does not grow individually but in natural bundles. With Sapphire FUE hair transplant, the grafts are removed from the donor area one after the other using a micro motor with special hollow needles.
– In the area affected by hair loss, the specialist creates so-called transplant channels with FUE blades made of sapphire, a durable, valuable gemstone. Opening the channels with the sapphire blade is very effective as sapphire is more durable than steel, i.e. the whole process becomes easier. It can therefore be said that the material used to create the channels is of great importance for the success rate of hair transplant.
The sapphire tool has a V-shaped pin to make more precise cuts and it is easier to open smaller channels than a steel tool. This will reduce the possibility damaging nearby natural follicles of patient.
– As last step; the prepared hair roots will be planted in the open and light head areas. The hair roots will be placed there with optimal angles so that a good supply of nutrients and an adequate blood flow can be guaranteed.
What are the benefits of the Sapphire FUE Hair Transplant?
– Smaller channels can be opened with sapphire blades. Therefore, it is a minimally invasive procedure that helps patient recovers faster.
– The scarring after the operation is almost invisible and the tissue damage is minimal.
– The Sapphire FUE hair transplant creates a higher success rate and higher hair volume.
– The method creates a more natural hairline.
– The risk of trauma with Sapphire FUE Hair Transplant is minimal.
– The pain after the operation is minimal.
– The risk of complication is lower.
– The Sapphire FUE method is currently one of the most modern hair transplant methods. Therefore, the Sapphire FUE hair transplant is an ideal method for both men and women.
The follow-up treatment after the Sapphire FUE Hair Transplant
After the hair transplant, a follow-up is going to be done, which also includes medical hair washing. The patient should not wash or disrupt the grafts for 3 days after surgery. After this time, shower and hair wash should be done very carefully by lathering the shampoo in the hand and lightly applying to the grafted area as well as to the donor area. 1 week later, the scalp is usually so well healed that the consequences of the hair transplant are no longer visible. The transplanted hair will fall out in a month but will grow back from hair roots in 9-12 months and will remain for life.
Several medications may need to be stopped 14 days prior to surgery including blood thinners, aspirin, anti-inflammatory, herbal drugs, ibuprofen and also vitamin E, fish oil, nicotine.
What is your hair loss type?
Dr. Norwood / Hamilton have retained the typical curve on a graphic. Androgenetic hair loss proceeds as nearly according to this Scale and is very helpful as a guide. Based on the figure it can be seen that the first stage is a receding hairline followed by thinning of the hair on the crown and temples. Later a hair clearing is noticeable in the vertex region (top back of the head), until it finally comes through convergence of the clearing of the forehead and the back of the head to the formation of the typical “bald”. However the hair roots remain in the temporal area and at the lower back of the head. Deviating from this, the hair loss can also spread alone from the back of the head or from the forehead conceptually, shown in the figure by the arrows above and below. Ultimately, it comes, even after these gradients to the typical form “Completely Bald” (Stage 7).
The causes of hair loss are of crucial importance when choosing the appropriate treatment method. For these reasons, a professional diagnosis must be made. Sufficient advice is therefore essential before a hair transplant can be carried out.
We would be happy if we can give you a first overview and our consultants will be happy to provide you further information. Your satisfaction is our most important concern.
Everything for Your Beauty