DHI Hair Transplant
The DHI Hair Transplant (short for Direct Hair Implantation) describes an innovative and new technique of the hair transplantation, which enables more comfortable hair transplantation than FUE technique. By DHI Technique a CHOI Implanter is used, which is a pen-like device with a hollow needle at the tip of it, connected with a tube and a plunger. During DHI hair transplant the grafts extracted from the donor region are first gently loaded inside the hollow needle of Choi implanter pen. Each graft is then transplanted directly into the desired area of the scalp. The Choi pen is inserted at an appropriate angle into the scalp and implants the follicle by pressing down on the plunger. The direction of each transplanted graft can be easily adjusted with the patient’s own hair angle. Depending on the type and thickness of the patient’s hair follicle, there are CHOI pens that vary in size. Various Choi pens can be used during the hair transplant.
Natural transplanting: If the patients have less hair loss, the DHI method is the best option. The direction of each hair follicle can be conveniently linked to patient’s own hair. In this way, a more natural image can be obtained. This achieves an aesthetically optimized and natural-looking result.
Mega DHI Hair Transplant
A second option is Mega DHI hair transplant. With this method, more than 4,000-4,500 to 7,000-8,000 grafts are transplanted on the scalp in two sessions over the following 2 days.
Mega DHI method is used for patients who have severe hair loss and want hair transplantation with an intense result. The result is more, more natural, fuller hair…
DHI CHOI PEN or Sapphire FUE Technique
– By FUE hair transplant, the channels should be opened first. Very small cutters are used to open the channels. Then the grafts are inserted into these opened channels using a tool called a pen set. The number of channels is same as the number of grafts planned to be transplanted.
With the DHI hair transplant, the channel opening and the hair transplant are carried out at the same time thanks to the CHOI pen.
– By FUE hair transplant, these channels must be slightly larger than the grafts so that the hair follicles (grafts) can be placed in these channels. For comparison, the channels opened by DHI technique are the same size as grafts; because the CHOI Implanter opens the channel and put the grafts inside the scalp at the same time which means smaller channels than Sapphire FUE are opened by DHI Technique. That is why there is no loss of space with DHI CHOI PEN and a higher hair density can be achieved than Sapphire FUE hair transplant. The FUE method can add 45 to 60 grafts per square centimeter, while DHI can achieve 80 to 90 grafts per square centimeter.
– DHI hair transplant is less aggressive than sapphire FUE hair transplant.
Further Advantages of the DHI CHOI PEN Hair Transplant
– Without shaving: With DHI hair transplant the operation can be performed without shaving the hair. Since there is no channel opening needed, it is enough shaving only the donor area before surgery.
– Implantation on the hairy area: The CHOI PEN Implanter used can open smaller channels and hair can be implanted without any problem and without damaging the natural hair.
– With the DHI CHOI PEN method, the hair follicles have better survival rates.
– Faster recovery: The channels, which are as large as the grafts, allow healing to be achieved in less time.
– Minimal scarring occurs because DHI Technique is less aggressive than Sapphire FUE Technique.
– The patient experiences less bleeding during the operation and there is less swelling after the operation. The patient can quickly return to his daily routine.
We would be happy if we can give you a first overview and our consultants will be happy to provide you further information. Your satisfaction is our most important concern.
Everything for Your Beauty